CONEJO VALLEY COMMUNITY GARDEN GETS O.K FOR GRANT, BUT...

  • Subject: [cg] CONEJO VALLEY COMMUNITY GARDEN GETS O.K FOR GRANT, BUT...
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 19:13:23 -0500

I'm not sure if I understand the convolutions of your situation but perhaps
you can make use of this idea:

In Toronto many of our gardens are covered by the city's general parks
insurance. We have a volunteer program in the Parks Dept where community
members do volunteer work (restoration, cleanup, etc) and they are covered
as part of the Parks policy. By funding this garden, even if it is not on
municipal property, perhaps it can get finagled into that policy. And also
have the gardeners sign a waiver or "Hold Harmless" form, a copy of which is
on our website at <http://www.communitygarden.org/pubs/starting.html> (I'm
pretty sure that is the correct addrerss but my browser is down now and I
can't check it).

Laura

Laura Berman
FoodShare Toronto