RE: Re: City support for Community Gardens.

Now the hard part begins. Contact the American Community Gardening
Association (" ACGA")  and the Trust for Public Land ( "TPL") for
information on organizing and governance in a volunteer gardening project.
Be sure that the folks who are working with you understand that this land
that they will be gardening is a public trust and should be worked with the
idea that what they are doing is to be of benefit to the local community as
well as to themselves.

Community gardening in a city is 50% gardening and 100% political. Be sure
you get people on both sides of the aisle to understand what you're doing
and work to create a constituancy that will survive a change in

Best wishes from NYC!

Adam Honigman