RE: Compost bins

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Compost bins
  • From: David Smead smead@amplepower.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:05:52 -0800 (PST)

Here's a pretty good shot of a compost bin I helped to construct at the
Greenwood P-Patch in Seattle.  Notice the slots in the uprights that let
the boards be removed.
http://www.greenpatch.org/greenwood/images/compost.jpg

The far side of the structure is screwed together, as are the outsides.

If you can get cedar, avoid the paint.  We used recycled lumber which had
previously been painted, (see inside) so the outside was painted to look a
little nicer.

The bins sit on top of a pile of broken concrete that is covered with
sand.

--
Sincerely,

David Smead