RE: Hollihocks & Dwarf Foxgloves

Mike:

If you your hollihocks have bloomed and seeded, you can cut the stalks back.
Hollihocks, which were originally annual plants have proven to be biennial
and even perennial plants in the US. Some gardeners like to let their
hollyhocks self-seed, others collect them and plant them. Your call.

As I don't know the specific variety of your Dwarf Foxgloves I can't really
give you any particular cultivation tips. From my NYC experience, I know of
some dwarf foxgloves that get a second blooming in season. This is generally
a biennial plant, but if it survives 3 years than you have a perennial. If
you get through the biennial year, you should consider splitting the plant
and replanting it.   What this plant will do in Van Tasman's land is beyond
me. Please tell us.

These websites may be of interest to you:

"A Foxglove for every garden."
http://209.52.189.2/article.cfm/cottage_gardening/15729

University of Colorado Extension
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/TRA/PLANTS/demogardens/alcea.htm