RE: Garden Vandalism

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Garden Vandalism
  • From: "Jack Hale" <jackh@knoxparks.org>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:45:23 -0400

Rule 1 is to hang on to that sense of humor.

For one thing, it sounds like you might have more faucets than you need.

Our gardens often have a single shut-off valve in a locked box near the
water meter pit.  Gardeners have a key.

Another angle is to take the handles off the faucets.  Every gardener gets a
handle.  It makes it tougher for the casual hydroponicist to turn them all
on.

In one situation where we had water coming from inside a building, we
installed a timer which shut off the water every night.

Other than that, I hear there are varieties of rice that will grow in
Oregon.

Jack Hale