Re: Garden Vandalism

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Garden Vandalism
  • From: "Jim Call" <jimcall@casagarden.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:52:40 -0500

Scott,
I agree with Jack on having a central cutoff valve or issue handles to all
gardeners, but the
problem with that is... a faucet handle is not too unique and very easy to
acquire.

You may want to put up a small sign to warn future violators (if they can
read) that they
will be prosecuted  if caught for stealing or vandalism.

Having so many water connections, I understand is for convenience to
gardeners.

Recently, a local elementary school's greenhouse was broken into and all the
kids'
Mother's Day flowers were destroyed by vandals.  A local nursery came to
their aid by
supplying them with fresh flowers.  My own company donated $250. to help
cover the
cost of the damage.

I also agree with Jack on having a sense of humor.  It helps in times like
these.

Kindest regards,  Jim