compost

I have made tons of compost by hand.  What you are talking about is  called
"sheet compost" and it works.  Or you do not have to bury it. Just  put on top
of the ground the way Nature does it. The forest does very well  leaving it on
top of the ground. So will the garden. I no longer make compost;  use the
material for mulch.  Coffee grounds is acid and if you soil is 7 or  higher you
need the grounds.  Most coffee shops save the grounds and will  give them to
anyone who will get them. If your soil is already acid, you will  not put
enought to make a difference.  You can not put too much organic  matter in the soil.
 If you know of anyone who has, I will catch the next  plane to see it.  You
should not have over 12% of the soil, organic  matter.  I have never heard of
a person getting anywhere near that.

Remember that is unlimited documentation that you do not need to plow,  till,
dig or cultivate a garden.  If you do it right, just plant and  harvest.  If
you have weeds, you are not gardening right.

Ken Hargesheimer