LOL+! Actually, Adam, the guy (I now remember) was unhappy because I was
'smiling too much'. I must have really set off the rube alarms, tripping out
on Patti Smith with a big spacy grin on my face. And I've really got no
excuse, since I was born in Queens. Only lived there a week before my parents
pulled the trailer to Jersey, South Dakota, North Carolina and eventually the
Coast, but hey I am a New Yorker by boith, and ought to have known the
penalty for inappropriate smiling. Anyway, I like New York, and did manage to
get a fair crop of tomatoes, beans and squash to grow in the broken glass
behind the youth hostel near Central Park where I was working that summer
long ago.
Don Boekelheide
Charlotte NC