RE: campus gardens

You should check out the University of Wisconsin Eagle Heights Garden
website: http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~ehgarden ; the American Commmunity
Gardening Association  website: http://www.communitygarden.org/index.html ;
the Trust for Public Land website: http://igc.apc.org/tpl and the archives
of this webserv : http://www.community_garden@mallorn.com .

I admire your energy. However, providing food for campus dining halls in any
sort of quantity is a large task requiring many strong backs, much
organization, and a kind of dedication that is hard to muster. There is one
large institutional  organic farm that produces all of the food it needs on
campus, however the organizational pyramid that runs it might not be
appreciated by your fellow students. The establishment I'm referring to is,
of course, Louisiana's Angola prison farm.

However, good luck with your project.