gardening with children in bereavement

There is a children's project in Toronto that also has a sister project in
Sri Lanka htat does deal with children in difficult circumstances. The
Toronto one is mostly for children with physical disabilities but the Sri
Lankan one is for children who have been emotionally damaged by that
country's civil war. The name of it is the Butterfly garden in Batiacoloa,
Sri Lanka. The Toronto projects are the Spiral Garden and the Cosmic Bird
Feeder. Gardening is one aspect of  what goes on. They are all based upon
story-telling and the creation of a community myth.  They are amazing
projects and have made a huge difference in the lives of all the children
invoved. I wil try to get you the contact info for all.

Laura Berman

FoodShare Toronto
T:(416) 392-1668
F: (416) 392-6650