Re: NEW ORGANIC COMMUNITY GARDEN IN THOUSAND OAKS, CALIFORNIA

  • Subject: [cg] Re: NEW ORGANIC COMMUNITY GARDEN IN THOUSAND OAKS, CALIFORNIA
  • From: Commgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:54:36 EST

 Now that we have our required liabilty insurance in place, thanks to a City
of Thousand Oaks  Community Enhancement Grant, the Conejo Rec and Park
District is  ready to fence an initial  half acre (to be expanded to a full
acre as their budget and our need coincides) for our organic Las Flores
Community  Garden.  We are aiming for an April start. (It has "only" taken 3
1/2 years to get to this point).

We are inviting new members at a $40 a year rate for a 10 by 20 foot  garden
patch
payable to THE COMMUNITY GARDENS OF THE AVENUE OF THE FLOWERS. There is room
for fifty garden patches at this time.
In February we applied for and were approved for non-profit status under
California law.
    The Park District has generously installed a water line and has promised
to provide free water.  Adjacent to the garden site are other recreation
facilities: a fenced and gated dog park -also new, an equestrian ring- in
operation for more than thirty years, a  community park featuring a modern
children's playground, tree shaded picnic tables with small barbeques, a
large gazebo, benches, a pay telephone and within fifty feet of the community
garden, indisensable men's and women's  restrooms.

For further information, please contact Don Jacobs at
 951 Warwick Avenue
Apt. L-4
Thousand Oaks, California 91360

 .