garden & irrigation

  • Subject: [cg] garden & irrigation
  • From: LTanenb50@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:50:09 EST

The city of Chicago installed water lines in our 102 plot cg.  There are 6 primary lines. Each primary also runs a secondary line of pipe across two head to head garden paths to another aisleso there are 3 water lines on each of 3 aisles.  Each water line also has two long, heavy duty hoses.  Gardeners take turns using these with sprayers.

While soaker hoses water better and conserve H20 - they also take hours to really soak a bed and I don't know how you would coordinate watering without a very strict schedule or many many water connects.  Laurie