Re: Rice for Peace

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Rice for Peace
  • From: "Alan Mason" masonesq@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 04:50:33 -0800

Title: Re: [cg] Rice for Peace
Some thoughts:

Bulky packages get sent all the time. They are just pulled aside for hand processing, or at least they used to be. The modern equipment may handle the smaller ones these days.

Probably EVERY letter that gets sent to the White House these days gets screened for anthrax.

I believe that the postal service is required by law to deliver mail to the addressee, or some equivalent, like the White House mail processing center. GW probably doesn't see 99.9 % of any communications that are sent to him by whatever method, any more than Eisenhower did  in the 1950's, but a physical package is harder to ignore than email or fax. Even if they never make it to the WH itself, the arrival of many thousands of these packages would have to come to GW's attention eventually.

Any method of protest has its downside - and its upside. Send rice, send email, hit the streets, do what feels right to you, but please do something.

IMHO, of course.