Re: betsy@bghohnson.com

  • Subject: [cg] Re: betsy@bghohnson.com
  • From: CONNIEDKELLY@cs.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:38:55 EST

Hi Betsy,

Wow, the situation you describe sounds extremely frustrating! I would like to suggest that you consider mediation or conflict resolution services for your group.

I'm not sure where you are located, but many communities have mediation services available that can be used to help sort out ongoing disputes such as this one.  The phone book, the Police department or the Small Claims division of the local courthouse should be able to provide you with a list of service providers available in your area.

I have been a trained Mediator for several years, involved with a variety of nonprofit organizations that help people with every type of dispute imaginable. While success is certainly not guaranteed, most often when people decide to put the "real issues" on the table, things can and do work out.

If bringing in a Mediator to discuss the situation is not an option for your group, I would then suggest that you pick up one of the many great books available on conflict resolution.  The information can help give you a better understanding of the conflict, which in turn may lead you to a solution.

This may not be what you want to hear, but try to look at this situation as a great opportunity for your group to develop some new and useful conflict resolution skills. I hope things work out well.

Warmest Regards,
Connie Kelly