BLACK KABOULI Bush Garbanzo Beans in Pennsylvania

  • Subject: [cg] BLACK KABOULI Bush Garbanzo Beans in Pennsylvania
  • From: Alliums garlicgrower@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:03:50 -0500

Hi, Pat!

However, they DO like warmer soil than peas. We grow them even up here in Winnipeg (500mi NW of Minneapolis- yeah NORTH of Mpls!) on the border between zones 3 & 4. I plant mine about 2 weeks after peas & 2 weeks before beans (give or take).

Okay, so now I'm looking at planting these guys in early May -- dependent, of course, on us actually having some soil to plant in! Most of the garden is still glazed with snow -- I'm going to put our high school service student to work fixing up the lilac area -- I bought a really nice light pink lilac from Serbia at the Flower Show, so I want it to have a nice bed to grow in. :-)  Actual planting of seeds (any seeds) will have to wait a bit longer.

If you have a few extra seeds of Black Garbonzos, I'd love to trade you some of my giant Favas for them?

Oooooooooo!  I've got *packets*!  Send me your address off-list and it's a deal! :-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA  19460