Re: Rainwater collectors and more tomatoes.

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Rainwater collectors and more tomatoes.
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:03:19 +1100

We are planning to put rainwater collection tanks in and went to look at
another garden which has put rainwater barrels against a brick wall which
faces the sun and they act as a heat store (dark plastic) and create a micro
climate  (the wall has been enhanced with two wooden fences at angles on
either side to create a heat trap so cold winds donšt blow in too easily)
Many plants grow for longer periods (tomatoes well into winter). Just a
thought that everything has more than one use - you can not only collect
water but depending where the tank goes it will affect the climate around