paths between garden plots

  • Subject: [cg] paths between garden plots
  • From: "Brock" <greenhorn83@chaffee.net>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:05:08 -0700

Members of our community garden are suggesting that we change the configuration of plots to allow a one foot path between plots.  This would mean that our space would have to be expanded and a considerable amount of ground that has been previously amended would become pathways.

I am opposed to this idea, feeling that it is a waste of space and that, if given a foot for a path, gardeners would simply let their gardens expand into the path, making the path concept meaningless.

I would be interested in hearing other's opinions regarding the value of space between plots.

Thanks,
Brock Oyler