Etiquette and guidelines
- Subject: [cg] Etiquette and guidelines
- From: Michael Yount firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:55:09 -0800
Thanks to all of you for bringing this etiquette debate to a swift
conclusion. For your information, here are the moderation guidelines I
Some of you have received notices for messages that are screened because
of a "suspicious header." This usually happens when someone replies to
a digest of messages and forgets to change the "subject" line to
something relevant to the reply.
Guidelines for posting messages to the community_garden mailing list
Every message that you post should meet all of the following
guidelines. People who frequently post messages that do not meet the
guidelines may be moderated, at the discretion of the list
administrators. Enforcing the guidelines is solely the responsibility
of the list administrators.
* Messages should encourage polite, thoughtful responses from the other
* Messages should focus upon the subject matter of the list, not upon
the behavior of the other participants.
* If a message contains the work of an author other than the person
who posts the message, the source of that work should be cited
clearly. The person who posts the message should accompany the
work with his or her own thoughtful commentary.
* Messages should be addressed to the community_garden list
explicitly, as opposed to being blind copies.
* Messages should not be cross-posted to more than one mailing
community_garden is a public mailing list. Posted messages are
Questions or comments about the guidelines, archives, and other
administrative matters should be addressed to
email@example.com, not to the mailing list.
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden