RE: ground prep for raised beds

Friends:

We assigned some new plots this season to some folks who put together some
treated wood frames. After we convinced them that treated wood would do bad
things to the folks adjacent to them who were growing food as well , they
janked out the frames and are putting in new untreated wood frames.

To avoid this problem in the future, we are amending our garden rules to
include a section proscribing pressure treated lumber.  Folks never did it
before in the CCG because they read oraganic gardening magazines, etc.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden