Organic potting mix recipes needed

  • Subject: [cg] Organic potting mix recipes needed
  • From: Mulberry mulberrynz@yahoo.com.au
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:17:25 +1100 (EST)

Hi everyone,

I've only just joined the list, so please feel free to direct me to
the archives if necessary...

I'm after more ideas for potting mixes for our organic nursery.  We
currently use two parts cocopeat, two parts compost, one part sand,
one part perlite, handful blood and bone, scoop of worm castings.  We
then supplement regularly with a foliar feed - diluted liquid seaweed
and fish mix.

It may be the fault of my compost, but sometimes the plants need more
nutrients than we supply.  Any ideas most welcome!

Kind regards,
Ali (Australia)

=====
Australia IS refugees!