subscribing via e-mail

I know I subscribed to this list many months ago via a web page, using
the library computer. (I don't have Internet access at home.) Another
friend is in a similar situation (e-mail access but no Internet) and
would like to subscribe. Is there a way for her to subscribe via e-mail
alone? (I've read through my introductory materials, but I'm still not
sure of the answer.)

Thanks.

Jennifer Barricklow