2nd edition of Urban Ag book

Hi Everyone,
Here's an item of interest that you might have missed. Jac Smit is coming
out with an updated 2nd edition of the original  UNDP Urban Agriculture book
and is asking for contributions/suggestions. This could now really become
the definitive book on the state of (and futrure of) urban ag/community
gardening worldwide.
 This was posted to the City farmer site on Oct. 15, 1999 so it is still
current.
Laura
----------------------
2nd Edition of Urban Agriculture: Food, Jobs and Sustainable Cities is in
the works!

Dear Colleagues,
We at UNDP are happy to announce that a 2nd Edition of Urban Agriculture:
Food, Jobs and Sustainable Cities is in the works. Following the immense
success of our first edition, which was a bestseller in 1996, we decided to
put together a second updated edition. The original authors (Urban
Agriculture Network) of the book have agreed to take on this project, but
they are looking for your suggestions.
This new edition will focus and discuss topics such as food security,
poverty alleviation, health issues, gender and policy issues, bio-diversity
and the environment. In addition, regional coverage will also be enhanced.
However, we do need your input. First, we want to know how you would improve
the first edition, by bringing to our attention gaps or errors you may have
spotted in the original publication. Second, we also need your perspective
on what are the obstacles of urban agriculture and the status of the
resources available to achieve our goals. What is the status of urban
agriculture in your venue, and what is the impact of urban agriculture on
your constituency?
Please send your inputs to:
Jac Smit, The Urban Agriculture Network (TUAN)
e-mail: URBANAG@compuserve.com