micro-enterprise development with gardens

  • Subject: [cg] micro-enterprise development with gardens
  • From: "Elizabeth Whelan" ewhelan@hungercenter.org
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:42:47 -0400

Hello Community Gardeners!
I'm with the Tucson Community Food Bank trying to start up a micro-enterprise business plan for backyard gardeners to come together (in their communities) and help to support themselves and their families by growing for themselves, and also to sell to farmer's markets, restaurants-- anywhere that might buy their produce.  I'm very new at this (a recent college grad) and I am hoping that there are some of you out there who are doing/ have done/ have heard of something along these lines-- microenterprise community development through backyard gardens (some of which will be shared).  I've got an interested community of mothers but we're in the very beginning stages and so I'm especially looking for models that might provide some insight or practical experience.  Or ideas!
Thanks, Elizabeth Whelan
work #:  520-622-0525 ext. 249