Happy New Year 5762 -

  • Subject: [cg] Happy New Year 5762 -
  • From: "Honigman, Adam" <Adam.Honigman@Bowne.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:41:51 -0400

Hi Kids,

Re: listserve manners during the current rough times.

We need to remember community gardeners are often folks who have differing
world views and belief systems. We are all differing shades of green, and as
Kermit said, "It ain't easy being green."

I think that all of us, especially dyed in the wool  "flamers" like myself,
should think twice before we type in an instant reply to stuff that we find

If Osama bin Laden decides to razz us, then we should all let him have it,
but otherwise, lets chill out! It's going to be a long trip and the boat is
going to need many rowers.

This is going to be a rough time for all of us. The best thing we can do is
to keep CNN off for a while and tend to our gardens and carry on normally in
these interesting times. When someone says something that we find annoying,
let's remember that we live in a pluralistic society, a particular bete noir
of the kinds of folks who pilot planes into buildings intentionally.

Let's hear it for Tessa and her heroic efforts in ground zero!

Best wishes to all,
Adam Honigman