Fw: URGENT! ANWR drilling tied to Defense Authorization Bill

  • Subject: Fw: [cg] URGENT! ANWR drilling tied to Defense Authorization Bill
  • From: "Stephen Brueggerhoff" <thepope@u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 07:48:37 -0700

Howdy, folks:
I thought that this would be an appropriate message to pass along to this list-serve.
Okay, the proposed Alaskan drilling is embedded within ammendmendts to this Bill. I followed links to this piece of info: CR S9559-9560. You really have to follow the links out to page S9560, which reads:
"The purpose of the hearing is to receive testimony on the status of proposals for the transportation of natural gas from Alaska to markets in the lower 48 States and on legislation that may be required to expedite the construction of a pipeline from Alaska.
   Those wishing to submit written statements on the legislation should address them to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, Attn: Deborah Estes, United States Senate, Washington, D.C. 20510.
   For further information, please call Deborah Estes at (202) 224-5360.
   Mr. BINGAMAN. Mr. President, this is to advise you that the oversight hearing scheduled before the Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests of the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources on Wednesday, September 26, 2001, beginning at 2:30 p.m., in room 366 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in Washington, D.C. has been postponed. This hearing has not been rescheduled.
   The purpose of the hearing was to receive testimony on the science and implementation of the Northwest Forest Plan including its effect on species restoration and timber availability".
So, make of it what you will, and check this info out for yourself from the links listed below.