Re: What is a good method of marking garden plots?

  • Subject: Re: [cg] What is a good method of marking garden plots?
  • From: PapagenoNY@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:13:26 EDT

More on marking garden lots-
Our method is the same as Garry's but we use 1 1/2 inch diameter PVC pipe. I think the larger ones are better as to resist tiller impact. But I did have one gardener complain that it made the garden look like a decompostion site at the town landfill. I then painted each 1pipe green (they are white) with spray paint.
We have  70 plus garden lots (each 600 sq. ft.) at the Town of Guilderland Community Gardens just outside of Albany, NY. (We don't mark each lot but provide a garden plan (map) which I have created using MS Visio.)
Jerry Houser
Garden Coordinator
From the Desk of
G. Houser