Re: Re: Killing Platycerium an Essay

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Re: Killing Platycerium an Essay
  • From: "peter strong" pstrong@mweb.co.za
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:01:51 +0200

Hi  Dan,
Quest  1.....the water is  directed at the plant in  toto, no  particular
area
Quest  2....no effort is made  to  water the back of the plant, although
obviously  many  do  get water on  the back.
Quest 3... yes buds do get wet  virutally  every  watering.
Quest 4....yes, plants  that  are not happy, i.e. not strong growing plants
tend to  succumb  possibly  due  to  too  much watering, or one of many
causes.
We  do  have  seedlings  die but  my  contention  is  that  they  were weak
plants for some  or  other reason, not necessarily  due  to  over watering.
We  live  in  an  area where we sometimes have  700mm of rain on  30  days
or less,  with  very  damp  conditions, and many  of  our plants are out  in
the open. Very  few die   if any die from  too  much  rain.
Regards,
Peter.