FW: Woodwardia name wanted

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Ogden [mailto:alanogden@9thedrive.fsnet.co.uk]
Sent: 29 August 2002 15:59
To: Fernet
Subject: Woodwardia name wanted

I would be grateful for help in identification of a Woodwardia I have had
given to me.   The label says "Woodwardia sp Mt OMEI (or W. ORIENTALIS? )".
It is a large and vigorous fern with fronds over a metre long.   Undoubtedly
a Woodwardia it has bright red juvenile foliage, a bud near the end of the
frond and the whole is nicely crispy in appearance with undulating edges to
the pinnae.   Thanks, Alan Ogden (UK).