Re: FW: Woodwardia name wanted

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] FW: Woodwardia name wanted
  • From: Sue Olsen foliageg@juno.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:51:35 -0700

Hi Alan,
It most certainly sounds like W. unigemmata.....indeed a very beautiful
fern. Wang Zhong-ren of the Institute of Botany, Academia Sinica, Beijing
lists five Woodwardias for Mt. Omei (Emei) including W. unigemmata but
not W. orientalis. When we were last in England we saw a plant at
Spinners Nursery if that would be of help.
Sue Olsen
Bellevue, WA USA