Re: FW: Woodwardia name wanted

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] FW: Woodwardia name wanted
  • From: "Edgar Bates" epb888@cox.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:27:40 -0700

If it has a bud at the end of the frond it is most likely W. radicans. W.
orientalis does not have the bud and has adventitious plantlets all over the
blade on many pinnae. W. radicans fronds droop to touch the ground and a new
plant will start from the bud. I understand that W. radicans is European. I
have grown both. They are quite large ferns.        Ed Bates
Ed & Phyllis Bates
Encinitas, CA, USA