Re: Pseudococcus

Describe what is happening. Do you see dark splotches in the leaves, and if you look through the leaf, do you see bright places? Are there pale brown lesions with yellow green edges? Is there a slimy film on the leaves? Maybe it is not a bacterial blight, but a rot of some kind. Is the tissue becoming very soft, easily damaged, limp or droping? Does it smell bad?

If it is Pseudococcus, it is a bacteria, not a fungi originating in the soil. You would not see any connection with the soil, though it came from there.