Re: artificial trees

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] artificial trees
  • From: "Donna McGraw" donnamcg@swbell.net
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:15:06 -0500

I just had to wade in on this topic - My husband (Monty) and I took these
pictures at the Fairchild Botanical Gardens in Miami while we were at the
Tropical Fern and Exotic Plant Show and Sale that took place the first
weekend in June.  We were amazed at the construction - these "tree trunks"
are made of PVC covered with cork bark.  The bark was attached with screws
in this case - it's shown in one of the pictures where we show the end of
one of the "limbs"  This was absolutely amazing.  We're going to try it in
our new conservatory, if we can find a source for the cork bark that won't
break the bank.  I apologize for attaching so many pictures (I have more if
anyone wants a private viewing :-))  I was just trying to show as much of
the display as possible.  I'm sorry, I don't know how to make the pictures
smaller.

Hope you enjoy,
Donna McGraw
Houston