From: Kitty [mailto: kmrsy@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:06:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RE: Money Makin' Time!

Auralie, Donna, Zem,<br>Thanks! You know it's not the money itself
that's important to me, but what<br>it represents. Well, yes, I
definitely can use the $, but a successful sale<br>also means that
people like what I've done. This is the most $ I've ever<br>made on this
sale and I could have sold more. I had put out one lone flat<br>of
periwinkle that was a mess because it accidently got dumped and
tossed<br>back in the flat. I didn't think anyone would want it, but
there was a<br>slight altercation between 2 women wanting that $1.25
flat. Beyond that,<br>though, the weather was perfect, the timing was
perfect, my yard looked<br>fantastic IIDSSM. Side by side red and white
dogwoods blooming, Redbuds<br>budding like crazy, tulips blooming to
perfection, loads of Spring<br>Starflower abloom, Pasque Flower blooming
boldly. Grape hyacinths and<br>mini-dafs, Wood Anemones, creeping phlox.
Many folks asking what *that*<br>plant is (Hellebore). and, of course, I
was able to sneak a moment a few<br>times to drag a few friends that
stopped by to the backyard to show them my<br>Glaucidium. The sale is
hectic, but it is so very gratifying.<br><br>Re > Sounds like to day
should be find a comfy lawn chair<br>Sounds good to me, but my MG
Nursery group scheduled a work session this<br>afternoon.<br>The garage
is a wreck and I have to spend a day this week putting
everything<br>back to normal, but it can
"Donna " <justme@prairieinet.net><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent:
Sunday, April 25, 2004 9:24 AM<br>Subject: RE: [CHAT] RE: Money Makin'
a success for you!<br>><br>> Sounds like to day should be find a comfy
the most fantastic weather Friday<br>> &<br>> > Saturday. I spent Friday
trying to set up my plant sale while having<br>>

to<br>> > deal with neighbors who wanted first pick. It took until 9pm
to<br>> finish.<br>> > The sale was today from about 8 to 2, but most
transactions took place<br>> > between 8:30 and 10:30. My sister
described it as feeling like being<br>> > swarmed by locusts. In the end
I sold all but a handful of about 450<br>> pots<br>> > and made a profit
of $1003.00. Probably $40 was actual garage sale<br>> stuff;<br>> >
everything else was plants. Highest price was $9 on a very nice<br>>
Geranium<br>> > wlassovianum (that I sort of hoped wouldn't sell. but I
still have one<br>> I<br>> > didn't dig). I sold about 45 pots of
spring03 hosta seedlings in 4<br>> inch<br>> > pots for 50cents each.
garage sale, I think your MG group should reconsider their pricing.<br>>

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com