RE: now-- plant shopping today

 Kitty,

Your nursery trip made me wish for a good planting day.  It's cloudy, cool,
windy and all round dreary today on Long Island. I must however get out in
the garden, so I just have to bundle up.  It's the wind that annoys me the
most, but living by the water, it's just something I have to put up with!

I'm off from school this week, so I'm taking care of a bunch of daylily trip
projects.  Actually, I working on them.  They won't be completed until after
next summer's convention is over!

Yesterday, I made the Passover Seder in my house.  My son referred to it as
"the circus".  I managed to roast the hard boiled eggs, instead of boiling
them (I never remember how long to let them boil.  I guess I left them
unattended a little too long).  Chicken grease spilled in the oven and was
smoking and  I slightly burnt my mother-in-laws "noodle" pudding when
warming it up. There were three guests in their mid 80's at the table.
Everyone had a cane or walker.  We have to shout for my dad because he
doesn't hear (and he shouts back).  His guest doesn't see very well.  My MIL
didn't have any complaints about ailments last night, so it was quiet on her
side of the table!  She's really a great mother-in-law, as they go.  My BIL
called from CA in the middle of things and got into a heated discussion with
my DH!  My other BIL took pictures of all of us on his phone to send to CA.
Oh., it was just a typical family meal!  I did love to hear my DH read the
Hebrew passages.  There's something stirring about it, sort of like reading
the Christmas story out loud from the Bible.  Oh, we managed to sing some
Hebrew songs to make things more festive!

Happy gardening and wishing a good Passover to all who celebrate!

Chris