Re: Harvest

So easy to grow, too. But somewhat hard to find seeds here--in fact, impossible for most Asian vegetables.

On Apr 4, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Daryl wrote:

Interesting. I'd forgotten Soba noodles, and choi sum. It's been years since I did much oriental cooking - when we moved from the NY/NJ area in '81 it got to be too big of a hassle to find the ingredients.

Found an interesting bit here: http://www.bloglander.com/cheapeats/2005/09/19/soba-noodles-with- dashi-soup/

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Harvest

Zem, my collards are growing in a pot--25-gallon pot with a poblano pepper in the middle. All my veggies are in pots. Two years ago, I gave up fighting the weeds and hostile elements involved in a regular in-ground vegetable patch and went to container growing. Best decision I've made in a long time. Our favorite is to chop the collard up and saute them with onions, broccoli heads, kalamata olives, pine nuts, and feta--and use that to dress pasta or soba noodles. Easy; delicious.