Re: How important is a phone number?

Well, Chris
Of course you do not get many phone calls on the business line... you just started your business. Give it some time. Believe me it will happen. I made the mistake of saving money in bypassing the phone company and using personal line for business. Now we get calls and faxes in the middle of the night, at lunch and dinner. I will have to give up my personal number to the business now... one I have had for 25 years. That is one I can advise "Do Not Do". Customers will use the phone to reach you... get quite a few calls to place orders from individuals who do not trust the internet. Or place an order and call me with the card number. Often I get calls from people looking for plants I do not list. On occasion I get calls where I swear a gardener is simply lonely and wants to talk to someone........ Somehow it is more reassuring to see a contact number when so much of the internet is a scam.
   Your call on which way to run....

   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Subject: [CHAT] How important is a phone number?

Hi guys,

  I have a question for you from a business owner's perspective.

  How important is it that a business have a phone number that you
  can call?  Or fax?

  Right now I'm paying $65/month for a phone line and a fax line for
  the nursery, costing me $780/year.  That's money that I can't
  afford to spend right now, especially since I hardly even get phone
  calls to the business anyhow.  Most are from people trying to sell
  something, and the rest followup with an email (which the answering
  machine suggests).

  How disastrous would it be to not have any phone lines associated with
  the business?

I appreciate any insights,