Re: fans/cucumbers

Many cucumbers require a pollinator, and the seed packets contain 10% pollinator seeds. It could be that your mother's seed packet lacked the pollinator seeds, or if she didn't plant them all, the pollinators weren't planted. I did one variety that sets fruit without a pollinator, and some left over seeds from a variety that does. Have plenty of fruit from the first, but so far only flowers from the second.
Cathy