Re: trains in the garden/birds

You can always cook the seed in the oven, killing the embryo. Then it won't sprout, but that's a lot of work.
On the subject of bird feeders, did anyone read the article on that subject on the front page of the Wall Street Journal? The thrust being that some believe they are doing birds more harm than good.
Cathy