From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Kitty
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 3:10 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Holiday Food

Around here I have heard of eating Corned Beef as a New Year's dish, which
would be fine by me except that since this is a very German area, they also
insist on sauerkraut being served with it. Yuk and Peeeee--yewwwwwww.  Also,
you can no longer get a garlic-cured corned beef brisket here.  They put a
few seeds and spices in a sealed packet rather than allow it to marinate.

Kitty, who yearns for real rip-your-teeth-out Rosen's Rye Bread!