Re: Are you ready for the big day?

Not quite as yet.... the latest I have ever been with all my Christmas to-do's.
Today should be the last day... my wife and I are going to spend the morning shopping for all the final *stuff*.
I am a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas. I did not have much of a Christmas when I was growing up, so I see that I have one now that I can arrange it.
I send cards to send I pick out and enjoy. I write a line or two in each one for I like to take a minute or two to enjoy my memories of each person the card goes to. More for me than anything else, I suppose. I do all the decorating in the house each year and like it that way. This year (now that we have a new vaulted ceiling) I purchased a 7 1/2 foot pre-wired tree with clear lights... frosted limbs. All my wife's gifts are wrapped and under the tree along with other members of the family that we actually purchase gifts for ... some get cards and money. Special for the wife this year is the mandolin she has been wanting ... soft case, extra strings and a tuner and had a friend tune it before it went into the case and was wrapped.
I will also do quite a bit of holiday cooking, making desserts the next two weeks and we will have friends over for dinner.
Last evening we went out to dinner and a concert. The Louisville Orchestra was playing a special program at an old catholic church about 45 minutes drive from us. Wonderful program of Christmas music ... was like being at the Boston Pops with good old Author Fielder. The conductor had a wonderful sense of humor in this presentation and the music. Should have hear his hybrid of Bolero and Little Drummer Boy....
And so it goes.... the little kid is not very well hidden behind the big one named Gene

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

I mailed my cards today. Nothing is wrapped, and no presents have been mailed -- yet. I still have up the Halloween wreath with a black cat and the word "Scat" on it. Every year time goes quicker, and I get slower. ;-)