Re: Fires and Floods

We do it because about 90 percent of the voting population lives within 50 miles of the coast. I remember doing a population density analysis of California once and concluding that if one shaved off the area between the Pacific and 50 miles inland, one would have a state with a population density below that of Wyoming. The same is certainly true of Florida, maybe even more so.