Re: OT: cell phones

  • Subject: Re: OT: cell phones
  • From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:31:44 -0600

Some days, I really wish life would go backwards a bit.  Modern conveniences
are great...don't get me wrong (like the OnStar in my vehicle has come in
VERY handy...it can unlock your car for you if you lock yourself out, it
automatically knows if your car has been hit and sends help, it gives me
directions, it lets me make a phone call without having to use a cell phone
so I can focus on the road)....but it's the little things that have really
disappeared and I think it's sad.  A hand written letter or thank you note,
instead of an e-mail or text message.  A dinner where everybody sits at the
table and talks, instead of sitting in front of the "boob-tube" (that's what
my dad used to call it).  Front porches and front porch swings...and knowing
all of your neighbors by name, and their kids...and some of the grandkids.
A "Sunday Drive"?  I was thinking about all of that yesterday when I was
doing laundry.  In the summer, I like to hang some of my stuff outside to
dry.  Not very many people do that anymore....