RE: Allergies & treatments...

Yes, I end up taking the allergy shots about every 10-15 years for about 4-5
years it seems.  Two shots, both arms each time I go through the regimen.
They do help for a period of time.  My allergist backed down and went slower
with the solutions in the injections when I had the same problem and would
administer Benadryl if I started having a nasty reaction like that.  He also
would have me wait in the waiting room at least 25 minutes after the shots
to be sure he'd catch whatever the reaction was.   Donna, they really can
help.  It just takes so very long to see the full results sometimes for
really allergic folks.

Cathy, when they took out the Freon, did they replace it with another
propellant I wonder?  Could there be a reaction between propellant and
active ingredients?  There truly was a difference between the relief values
of the two and I hated the nose bleeds from the new one.  The inhaler may
have pushed the active ingredient further into the nasal cavity in a much
finer mist than you can get with a "squeeze bottle" approach.  I don't know.
I can only give you anecdotal info from my own experience.  I've tried to
compensate by using a saline nasal spray a few times a day to rinse out the
nasal passages and the allergens that get trapped there.  (I hear that also
rinses out a number of viruses as well, including the common cold.)

In any case, I sure appreciate your info, Cathy!  And hang in there, Donna.
If your old allergist couldn't break the code on getting past the 3day
reaction, you really should start with a different one who will work with
your reactions better.  While it still means injections, you shouldn't have
to suffer through major swelling every time!  It can give you time with much
fewer symptoms in the long haul.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)