From: "Tricia" <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 3:15:54 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I feel good

I am not big on rototilling because of a talk I heard once by a soil
conservationist. He talked about how if you rototill or plow to the same
depth all the time you make a hard pan that the moisture and roots can not
penetrate. I am a big mulcher with newspapers and straw or grass clippings
is my favorite. The worms come and work the soil for you.
Just my 2 cents!