Re: Prayers needed

I've always thought it was disappointment at not achieving some advertised fantasy that rurned into resentment.

On Thursday, July 1, 2004, at 10:47 PM, David Franzman wrote:

I usually chalk stuff like that up to too many people but I wonder: Does
China or India have an even higher number of incidents like this? We can't
know because their media isn't the same but it's an interesting sociological
question.

David Franzman
A Touch of the Tropics
www.atouchofthetropics.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <jsinger@igc.org>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Prayers needed

That's terrible. Maybe it's just me getting old, but I seem to read
about or hear about more of this sort of mindless violence now than at
any previous time. I have no idea why, but if I had to guess, I would
guess it's partly the result of the polarization that seems to have
infected our society. When you have some moronic WT at a rally--a
staged rally in Atlanta, I might add, organized by the Republican
party--to support the war in Iraq rant about women who do not shave
their arm pits, you know we've got big, big trouble, and right here in
River City.

On Wednesday, June 30, 2004, at 11:28 AM,