Re: Re: Book Help please

I found the issue June 2001 of Plants Magazine.  The book by Karen Platt is
titled: Black Magic and Purple Passion - Dark Flowers and Foliage,
published in 2000.  cheapest price I found was $28.  Then it was
republished in early 2003 with a name adjustment: Black Magic and Purple
Passion - 1,350 Dark Plants, available for $33-40.  I think the new one may
have more (1000 more) plants listed, though I couldn't find a page count
for either to be sure the books are actually different.

Here are some paraphrased comments from the author in the magazine article:
"If there were a national collection of black plants, it would be held by
me. It's been 7 yrs since the demise of Rainbow's End,(via divorce) my
beloved nursery which specialized in black plants...One blacklist most
people want to be on is my list of black seeds for sale...The result of 6
yrs of research was published in my book which includes 350 dark plants
with 70 photos."
The editor includes this:
Write to Karen at: 35, Longfield Road, Sheffield, S. Yorkshire, S10 1QW,
possibly more info at:

Amazing! the things that do, and those that don't, stick in my mind.