Re: Kitten

Sounds like you are well on your way to getting your wish.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten

Today she let me touch him/her! I gave her some breakfast at about 6:30 ,
and then after church she watched me water and the dogs play in the front
yard.

After the dogs had a romp and went back inside, I brought her some Whiskas
salmon treats. I put the first one on the tire as I usually do, and she came
out from under the tractor to eat it. I gave her another, and as she was
eating it, it fell to the ground. The third I held out to her, and while she
wouldn't take it from my hand, she came within a half inch of my finger to
eat it. I retrieved the one that had dropped, and did likewise.
When she finished eating, she was still close enough to my finger for me to
touch her paw. I did so. She jumped back, but I left my finger there, and
she eventually came back. I touched her paw again with the same result. The
third or 4th time, she touched my finger first!
We played the paw game for a few minutes, then she started rubbing her head
against the fender. I rubbed the other side of her head and she gently
snuggled into it, purring like the dickens.
We played the paw game again for a few minutes, until she started adding
teeth. I pulled my hand away, then touched the side of her head again. She
snuggled into it immediately, and after a few minutes, rolled over, still
snuggling.

Alas, she nearly fell off the tire and when I instinctively reached to catch
her, she spooked and is back under the tractor. :-(

It would be nice if I could have a cat that would enjoy the garden when I'm
outside, but would be content to snuggle with 2 old hounds and me indoors at
night.