  • Subject: Wow
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:05:23 -0700

Sure been quiet.

Did my first 4 hours on the Master Gardener desk yesterday. Slow day there, too--about seven phone calls and only two walk-ins. Issues de jour seemed to be carpenter ants--hint: they're swarming now--and fertilizing blueberries. Also got a couple of calls about our plant sale: when? [first Saturday in May]; will we have heirloom tomatoes? [about 40 varieties].

Kinda boring, so I read through the log to see what kind of calls other shifts had gotten [mostly carpenter ants and blueberries] but about a week ago someone called in for information on grafting figs. Wish I'd gotten that call; it would've been fun.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'