Re: Scale on orchids

Zem....Sure I can post some pictures of the orchid show.  Don't know  how
good they are though, there were quite a lot of people, so taking pictures  was
difficult, except up close.  Perhaps Scottie has some pictures of the  larger
exhibits in their entirety since she helped with set up.   Unfortunately I
don't have a website to post....donna, may I send them to  you????  Hope I find
the disc again.
I found something interesting in every exhibit.  Two of my favorites  were
the one in the dividing wall between show/vendors that had a miniture  waterfall
and stream.  I loved the miniature orchids on the  driftwoods.  Other
favorites were the gazebo with all the orchids hanging  and "planted" around it, that
made it look like a perfect wedding picture  location.  And of course the
large jungle scene with giant trees with  orchids and epiphytes hanging, stuffed
jungle animals hiding among the  terrestrials.  Really well done.  Actually
now that I think of it,  they were all great....I could go on and on. I was busy
taking pictures and  writing down names of plants to look for at the sale.
Scottie.....I admire your husband for growing Paphs. I can grow pretty much
any orchid (so far) except the three P's.  I have kept a couple a live, but
just barely. Seems most folks I've seen grow them best in green houses  or
inside....and I don't do either.  Mine are all outside, mounted on  driftwood,
cork or fernbark, or growing in baskets.
Unfortunately I live way on the other side of Houston, in Fort Bend  County.
I appreciate it, and will send you my address of list.   Thanks!!!!!
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/29/2005 8:57:05 PM Central Standard Time,