Re: OT throw away society

Andrea,
It wasn't until I left home that I had a REAL bathmat. My grandmother
came from the poverty of Ireland and then lived through the depression
here. When towels became threadbare from always washing with bleach, she
quilted several together to make a bathmat. Sheets were another matter.
When they got too thin in the middle she cut the middle out and sewed
the 'good' parts together for 'new' sheets.

They don't make 'em like her anymore!
Kitty